These are my marks made manifest, my wisps of wonder and my mumbled musings. This blog mostly seeks to explore philosophy, ethics, poetry, and religion. I hope that you enjoy it.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The magic of my marks made manifest.

Hello, dearest friend,

So here you are, reading my blog.

Thank you.  I appreciate your consideration and that you're reading my thoughts.  That's curious, in a certain sense, isn't it?  I remember reading a book by Stephen King when I was in high school on writing in which he referred to writing as magic.  Basically, the magic is that no matter where you are reading this, no matter who you are and no matter what the circumstances surrounding your reading of my words are, I am communicating with you exactly as I am at 1:08 A.M. on December 3rd, 2012.  That's just cool.

I'm striking keys on a circuit board that send a digitized signal to a central processing unit, interpreted as characters which vaguely represent verbal sounds that human beings can create.  These characters are arranged into words, which are "the means to meaning and, to those who will listen, the manifestation of truth."  Long story short, my ideas are conceptualized in my head, processed through my verbal processing, input into a seemingly magical device of technology and then broadcast through a wireless signal onto a relatively unknown part of a vast network of human communication.

But through all of that, I, James Robert Michael Carabello, am communicating with you, fair soul, and (if have expressed them clearly enough) you can understand the thoughts that started out in my head.  Maybe the world would be a better place if all of us took a moment every now and then to recognize that fact and simply appreciate our ability to communicate with one another.

J.R.M.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment